Sunday, November 11, 2007

My Music Philosophy

Really I will listen to just about anything if it is good. There is no genreism over here. I have to admit I am a die hard old school hip-hop fan . I like kickin' it to those old school joints.Thats why hip-hop is trying to bring back the 80's because thats when it all went down.Some of todays hip-hop embarsses me because we have become this pop lock and drop it society. Yes these songs are good to dance to but please don't label with actual hip-hop (because its not). I think Jay-z said it the best : "When a guy says - and this is definitely no disrespect, because everybody has their place - but when a guy says, ‘I can make a mil saying nothing on a track,’ you know you have reached a bad place. Not only did you think about it, you said it. So, [Hip-Hop] is way past salvaging. So, I’m just gonna do what I do. I’m just gonna go over ‘there’ - way over there. This is why this is what it is. I’m going so far over there."
Keep in mind this is not at all everybody there are some pretty great hip-hop artist out there actually rapping about something of importance and have actual talent. I am a born again hip-hop fan I was lost in the pop music but I have found my way back. Besides hip-hop I listen to alot of alternative rock. It is my favorite because it is not so traditional it has a very modern feel to it. I love rock music because it will always have something meaningful to say unlike hip-hop. If you haven't guessed I am very lyrical when it comes to music. The beat can kill but if the lyrics aren't any good I can't listen to it. I like artist that challenge me as a music listener. I am a dancer and I apreciate music with great beat and high energy but I wouldn't label most of it with the real artist out there doing there thing. I could go on and on about this but I will stop now.

Well thats a little of my music philosophy. I would like to hear yours (SO COMMENT).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.